Monday, August 8, 2011

Curry Kale Potatoes

The 100+ degree weather finally decided to cool down!

It’s been glorious. I got up this morning and went outside to put the trash out. Right when I opened the door I knew I had to take a morning walk simply to be outside in this lovely cool weather.

I opened the windows in my office loving the cool breeze. It then proceeded to rain and it was even better! Thus, a delicious meal was born:

Curry Kale Potatoes

potato 1

This was Erik’s creation. I got to be the lucky recipient of its deliciousness.

Ingredients:

  • 4 medium purple potatoes, cubed
  • 2 TB hemp oil (or olive oil)
  • 2 bunches chopped kale
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 can pinto beans (Eden Organic brand)
  • 1 TB garam masala
  • 1 TB muchi curry
  • 1/2 TB onion powder
  • small pinch paprika
  • salt, to taste
  • around 3 cups water
  • easy cashew cheese

Instructions:

  • It’s simple! Heat large pan, add oil. Once it gets warm, add vegetables and beans. After a few minutes, add water and seasonings. Cook until vegetables are tender.
  • Top with easy cashew cheese
  • Enjoy!

Perfect for a rainy day.

potato2potato

Hope you’re all having a great week!

I’m headed to a KC Blogger meet up tonight (Tuesday) and I’m excited to meet everyone, this will be my first meetup with the group. Details to follow …

What’s your favorite rainy day food??

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections