Wednesday, August 10, 2011

BlogKC

It wouldn’t be a Lesley Lifting Life blog post if I didn’t start out with some type of weather report, ha … I’m happy to announce that today was absolutely beautiful, a nice preview of fall. If the weather was like this all the time, I would be one happy camper, not too cold and not too hot.

Waking up to a cool blowing breeze even inspired oatmeal this morning.

photo{I know, I know, Instagram photos are usually reserved for Saturdays but today, I make an exception}

BlogKC

I can’t remember at all how I discovered the BlogKC group, I just know it was via Twitter. But basically, it’s a group of Kansas City area bloggers that meet up once a month to eat together, started by Kristen of Dine & Dish. This month, which was this past Tuesday night, the group met at Kona Grill.

Lamely, the only picture I have of my BlogKC night was on the way and in the form of Instagram:

image

Kona Grill is super dark inside or I may have taken pictures. It was also my first time meeting everyone, which made me have first-time nerves. Thus, it was more fun to focus on meeting people than worrying about whipping the camera out. Word on the street is the next meet up will involved The Truck Stop and First Friday.

I sat next to the lovely ladies behind these awesome blogs:

And met many more! Who knew there were so many bloggers in KC? I’m glad to have found them, and can’t wait to join in more meet-ups!

Farm Aid Update

Remember how I said I was invited to Farm Aid but I thought I was going to be out of town? Well turns out, we’ve switched around our schedule and now Lesley Lifting Life is an official part of the Farm Aid media … yahoo! Can’t wait to eat at their awesome local concession stand and blog all about it!

FARM_AID

And that’s it for this random blog post. Hope you all are having a great week!

image

What’s your current favorite food?? Lately, I’ve been loving fresh delicious tomatoes and watermelon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections