Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Help us out!

Help us out! We recently added a Facebook page for our healthy vending business riiiiight HERE.  There’s not much action goin’ on over there yet, so head on over and give us some love! ; )  Thanks for all your support, it’s greatly appreciated!

And since you haven’t seen enough vegetables sitting on my kitchen counter lately, here’s some more! Ha. 

By Lesley Lifting Life standards, highlights of this week are the two squash (butternut and acorn), the fact that we had regular potatoes AND sweet potatoes, followed by the zucchini squash. AAnd just for fun’s sake,  some random items from our recent grocery store visit:AAQuinoa = a given. 
Chocolate chip Larabars = a nice break from normal Larabars.  I’m sick of date-based bars, but these Laras with chocolate chips are my only exception.
Chobani = my current favorite Greek yogurt
Go Raw ginger snaps = good, but too much ginger fro me.  I’ve decided I don’t think I love a really strong ginger flavor.

And finally, onto dinner!

I decided to utilize our awesome veggies to make a simple, delicious soup.  It’s a very similar version as the crock pot stew I made a couple weeks ago, just a few minor changes, and cooked in a stock pot on the stovetop.AIt involved the following:
-Broccoli
-Carrots
-Sweet potatoes
- Regular potatoes
- Celery
- Brown rice
- Quinoa
- Little olive oil
- Little balsamic vinegar
- Chili powder (generous amount)
- Salsa (I put in about a cup, just for some tastiness good measure)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Water (as much as you want, depending on how thick you prefer your soup)AA Perfect for a windy fall evening! 

Have a great Wednesday, and don’t forget to check out Originally Organic Vending on Facebook! And while I’m at it, come and be Lesley Lifting Life’s friend on Facebook as well! : )

What did you have for dinner??

image

11 comments:

  1. I saw those ginger snaps just yesterday. I think there were a few different flavors. I was so tempted. Tonight was Red Bean & Quinoa Burgers. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would facebook friend you if I used facebook ;) I'm a trader to our generation. Acorn squash is my absolute favorite. It is SO delicious. And the soup looks super tasty. We had peanut butter chili for dinner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the facebook page. You have a fan in me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the fb page! i'll have to check it out. :)

    i love the new larabar flavors, too. it's really hard to find them here, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to get my produce delivery today! Love all the veggies in the soup, perfect for chilly days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just "liked" your facebook pages! that stew looks awesome, a perfect dish for the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love seeing all those veggies!! Squash is my favorite veggie during the fall! everything with is tastes great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. yummy produce. i have yet to find the new larabars. its pathetic really...i mean, they arent even new anymore!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last night I actually made brand new recipe: Thai curried rice! I whipped out my fancy little rice cooker, and the dish was awesome! By the way, have you tried Siggi's Icelandic yogurt? It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can never have enough veggies--so colorful! I am already a fan of both on FB..yaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the colorful veggies! And the soup/stew sounds delicious.

    I agree with you about ginger. I love it but not when it's too strong of a flavor.

    I'll stop by your Facebook page! I hope the business is doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections