Sunday, October 10, 2010

Beets & Quinoa, Squash & Sushi

Hello to everyone reading!

Currently, the wind is blowing while dried up copper and amber-colored leaves are piling up on the ground.  Fall is here!  Ahhh … : )

This week, the Door to Door Organics produce we had to work with in the kitchen were just as great as always:AAAA Our mix included:

2 Local Asian Eggplant
1.5 lb Yams
1 Spinach bunch
1.5 Yukon Gold Potatoes
2 lb.Yellow Onions
1 Romaine Lettuce
2 Cucumber
3 Roma Tomatoes
1 Collards bunch
1 Cilantro bunch
1 Carrots bunch
1 Broccoli
3 Valencia Oranges
2 Mango (large)
2 Grapefruit
3 Honeycrisp Apples
2 Gala Apples
2 Bosc Pears
3 Bartlett Pears
2 AvocadoBSince I have a bunch of pictures piled up on my camera, here’s a preview of some recent eats …

Beet and Quinoa Salad served with Sweet Potato Fries.BBB Sweet potatoes never get old.  I’ve loved them since I was a little girl, and I think I always will!CButternut Squash Pasta

We found this while grocery shopping the other day, and for no other reason than its aesthetics, we had to try it.AAA It was SO good.  We will definitely be eating this again.AAA Stuffed Acorn Squash

The stuffing included: squash (duh), sautéed carrots, eggplant, onions, celery , and collards mixed in with sprouted brown riceAAAA The Mixx

Earlier this week, lunch was eaten at The Mixx.  My menu option of choice:
AMIXXAOverall, I thought this was a good choice.  I love mushrooms, after all, so my taste buds rarely reject anything they involve ; )  Not awesome, but not a disappointment by any means either.AAKona Grill

And tonight, we stopped at Kona Grill for an early dinner.  On our menu … veggie rolls and roasted asparagus salad. B Sometimes when we get this salad, it’s just okay and other times, it’s absolutely perfect.  Tonight, it was perfect! I love that grilled taste in the asparagus, tomatoes, and onions … mmmm!!BBOur newest bundle of produce comes tomorrow (Monday), so I’ll be looking forward to checking it all out when I get home from work tomorrow.

How was your weekend??

image

6 comments:

  1. So many great veggies & fruits. I'm not sure what I'd be most excited about- probably the apples, yams or eggplant!I haven't made sweet potato fries in a while. Maybe tonight- I have one in the cabinet!The bread on that sandwich looks awesome. Weekend was good- taught, spent time with family & friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all of your fall recipes. Squash is definitely the star of almost every fall menu (in my opinion). I try to base every single meal around it if I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making stuffed butternut squash this week :-) Time to get into the fall mood! That beet and quinoa salad looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMM all those veggies make me happy. I picked up acorn squash to stuff this week. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some beautiful pics! Love the colors & the season & the food this time of year. Miss fall since I don't live back east anymore but I love seeing pics!

    That pasta is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so envy your produce delivery!! There are a variety of similar services here in NYC, and I often consider them, but as a single girl who may go out to eat as many as 3-4 times a week, I doubt I could possibly make good use of my box without a lot going to waste! I do have a juicer, though...oh well, maybe some day when I have a man around to help me eat it all up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections