Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Salads

I’m trying to figure out where the day went! I think it was the fastest Wednesday ever. This weekend I’m in a wedding, my family is coming to town, and I get to hang out with my best friend growing up … so I don’t mind.

BADSEED Stash

One of the many fun things Erik and I did this weekend was go to BADSEED and stock up on veggies.

If it’s not already apparent lately by my posts, we haven’t had meat or dairy for the past month. It was partially inspired by Forks Over Knives and hearing medical reasons as to why a “whole foods plant based diet” is beneficial to your health. But you know us, we like to experiment with foods so it’s not all that crazy for us to up and start eating vegan.

That being said, lots of veggies are in order!

badseed 1

The highlights included: kale, arugula, zucchini, tomatoes, beets, turnips, fava beans, and chard. All local, and fresh.
In fact, perhaps these are my very stalks of kale right here at URBAVORE farm in the groundWinking smile

Anyways, doesn’t it all look delicious??

badseed 2 badseed 3badseed 4 badseed 6badseed 5badseed 8

I love the naturally beautiful colors of fruits and veggies!

Veggie Time

Thus, a lot of different salads have been consumed … they’re simple, have lots of variations, are really healthy, and can be so refreshing on hot summer days.

chop 1 chopchop 3badseed 11

We’ve been using a lot of avocado dressings and cashew cheeses with our veggie-based meals. Both are so good, especially cashew cheese. I should have been eating it a long time ago, vegan or not!

What’s your favorite avocado and/or cashew-based “cheese” and dressing??

[image%255B2%255D.png]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections