Thursday, June 16, 2011

Share the Love & Coming up in KC

Now that I seem to have a better blogging schedule figured out these days, and since moving to KC and working at home, I've had more time to spend here at Lesley Lifting Life. That being said, I thought it was about time I share the love!!

Hopefully this can become a regular occurrence in which I’ll share some delicious looking recipes that caught my eye, blogs I enjoy reading, and other random items worthy of passing along!

{Share the Love}

--- A Slob Comes Clean: I don’t know about you, but I definitely have slob tendencies. I’m not the person who has their house spotless all the time (is there anyone that really does??) Anyways, I ran across A Slob Comes Clean blog and thus far, it’s been really entertaining. I first read her post “How to Open Your Home to Unexpected Guests” and her humor, and the fact that I could relate drew me in!

Slob Comes Clean

-- Priyanka’s Kofta Curry: I love Priyanka and her wonderful authentic Indian cooking! I saw this vegetarian Kofta Curry recipe on her blog the other day that I definitely need to try.

Kofta Curry

-- Cheeky Kitchen’s Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Cake (that’s vegan, too!): Brooke’s blog always highlights delicious looking recipes, and I love her beautiful food photos. This vanilla bean ice cream cake recipe, for instance, looks amazing!

Cheeky Kitchen

-- The Vegan Crew: I just discovered Bobbie’s blog on accident the other day only to find out she lives in KC, her husband’s name is also Erik {with a K}, and they love a lot of the same restaurants that we do. Small world. Anyways, Bobbie has a lot of delicious looking vegan recipes that I’m excited to check out.

The Vegan Crew

-- Whole Foods Parking Lot: Last but certainly not least, this video is pretty much hilarious, and it has to be shared! Many of you may have seen it by now because it’s been going around the wonderful world wide web. If you haven’t watched it yet, you must!

{Coming Up in KC}

-- Urban Farms & Garden Tour: The Urban Farms & Garden Tour is coming up next weekend on June 25th and 26th from 10 to 5 p.m during in which 38 Kansas City urban farms and gardens will open their gardens for people to explore. You can click on the link above to purchase tickets, check out pre tour events that are currently going on, and download the free tour guide booklet.

-- Trader Joe’s opening: The moment I have been waiting for … Trader Joe’s is scheduled to open in Kansas City on July 15th! There will be two locations opening, one on Ward Parkway Center in south Kansas City and the other on Leawood’s One Nineteen at 119th street and Roe Avenue.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections