Friday, June 10, 2011

The new Lesley Lifting Life

It’s Friday!!  It’s been another long week of work, so I couldn’t be more thrilled that the weekend has arrived.

As you can see, Lesley Lifting Life is moving up in the world with a new header!  I felt it was time to have a look that better represents the content. This lovely blog has been through many stages over the past two and a half years and my header much better represents what it’s become all about.  Big thanks to Melanie for designing it, and always helping me with my blog design needs!!

Farm to Market Bread

And now for a quick update via pictures … some of the foods I enjoyed yesterday.  First up, the star of our breakfasts lately has been this delicious local Farm to Market bread, served best simply on its own or with peanut butter and a banana.

4 breakfast 1 4 breakfast

More FUD

While running errands yesterday, Erik stopped by FUD (which is quickly becoming one of our absolute KC favorites) and thankfully brought me home some deliciousness.  Their Portobello wrap:

“Sautéed portabella strips with red bell pepper, onion, and a local green (such as chard or spinach), served in a flour tortilla, with goji cheddar”

4 fud 1

I seriously need to figure out how to make their vegan goji cheddar, because it tastes amazing, and brings their dishes up to the next level!

4 fud

Sun-Dried Tomato Polenta

And for dinner last night, we had sun-dried tomato polenta with quinoa and warm vegetables. We’ve really never had polenta at home before, but I figured, why not??

4 polenta

I cheated and used this organic Sun-dried Tomato Polenta. While the quinoa was cooking, I sautéed onions, green bell peppers, chopped tomatoes and fresh garlic.  I then put my sautéed vegetables in a bowl, and mixed them with the cooked quinoa.

After slicing the polenta roll, it was cooked in the sauté pan with some olive oil.  When the polenta was just finishing (it only takes a few minutes on each side), I added a thin tomato slice on top of each polenta slice and let them get warm.

4 polenta 2 4 polenta 3

A quick, delicious, and healthy dinner.  I love the taste of warm tomatoes!

4 polenta 1

Do you like polenta?  What’s your favorite way to eat it?

 

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections