Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thank You For Your Prayers

Hope your weekend has been a little more bright and cheery than ours.

It's been one of those weekends that no one would have planned nor wanted to turn out the way it has buuuut, what can you do? Erik's dad was admitted into the hospital on Friday evening and is still currently there. We don't know for sure what's wrong yet so there's not much more to say about that but we're staying positive!! I'm so grateful, especially in times like these, that there is always hope in God. Anyways, if you could say a prayer for him, we would greatly appreciate it!

His dad is a pretty clean and healthy eater himself and hasn't been too keen about the hospital food yet (but then again, I guess who is??). Somehow a joke came up about how he wanted meatloaf when a nurse was asking him what he wanted and he jokingly told Erik that he'll have to get me to make some. So .... guess what I made tonight? Ha, we had turkey meatloaf, mashed sweet potatoes (roasted red potatoes for him), cauliflower, and banana, walnut, and chocolate bread. After we ate dinner Erik packed up some food to bring to his dad. Here's my plate: Even though those don't look like sweet potatoes, they are! The grocery store only had white sweet potatoes so I got some and they were really good. The taste, to me, was similar to regular sweet potatoes but maybe not as sweet. I seasoned the mashed potatoes with garlic powder, pepper, sea salt, and Original Light Laughing Cow cheese. Yum!! Has anyone else ever tried light sweet potatoes?? The banana, walnut, chocolate bread was inspired by Kath's recipe. I thought it turned out pretty tasty, which is why I finished my dinner with a slice of it along with some almond milk. Switching over to fitness, I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to buying fitness magazines. Ha, I'm sure I'd save us money if I just subscribed to the ones I really like but I seen to have a bad habit of seeing a new fitness magazine as I checkout at the store and throwing it in my cart. Today when picking up some stuff for dinner I grabbed a copy of Kansas City Fitness. I haven't ever gotten this one before but I noticed they had a restaurant stoplight on Eden Alley Cafe, which is where Erik and I ate dinner on Valentine's Day, so I figured I'd give this issue a try. There's a lot I don't like about fitness magazines (aka ads for supplements, bars, etc, that really aren't healthy or good for you at all), however certain articles and workouts really motivate and help me when working out so that is why I continue to purchase them.

That's about all I have to say for now. Don't forget to find me on Twitter if you haven't already ... I still need more friends to tweet with : )

And here's a sneak preview of a review I will be doing soon: Anyways ... thanks for the prayers for Erik's dad and hope the rest of your weekend and beginning of the new week goes well!

"Hope is passion for what is possible."
-- Soren Kierkegaard.

19 comments:

  1. Erik's dad will be in my thoughts and prayers all weekend! I hope he recovers quickly. So sweet of you to bring him some a delicious looking meal. I love fitness magaines too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be praying for Erik's dad and your whole family. :) Keep us updated!

    And I was just realizing the other day, too, how it'd be much cheaper to just subsribe to one or two fitness magazines! I think once we move I may subscribe to Self, maybe another one. :)

    Like the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still praying hard - hang in there!!

    Never tried "light" sweet potatoes - I like the orange color, haha :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. that banana bread looks a-mazing!! and i'm intrigued by the honeydew-cottage cheese-walnut combo! and also jealous that your mom has a sour cherry tree ;) i've seet those sweet potatoes, but can't remember picking them up...

    keeping your family in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen white sweet potatoes before. Interesting! Good vibes going out to Erik's dad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley, I'm so sorry to hear about your father in-law! We will for sure be keeping him in our prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lesley, I really love that you made meatloaf for your father-in-law. What a sweet thing, I bet it really cheered him up. You and Erik and your family are in my thoughts.

    And I've never even heard of white sweet potatoes. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about Erik's dad! I will definitely say a prayer for him. I'll be thinking about you guys. Keep us updated!

    P.S. Such a sweet gesture to make meat loaf for Erik's dad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey sweetie, so sorry to hear about Erik's dad. I will send some good thoughts your way for the family.
    The meatloaf and banana bread look oh-so-delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the news about Erik's dad.. I most certainly said a prayer for him.

    Your meal looks fantastic (especially the bread). I'm sure his dad loved that!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope he starts feeling better soon, sending up some prayers for him and your family.

    The sweet potatoes I have access to in Brazil are white and I enjoy them. They have more of a gritty texture I think. Looks like a great meal with lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you and your family! Hospitals are a very hard place to be, and just the presence of family and love makes it a thousand times better :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be praying for your FIL and also for wisdom for the Doctors caring for him. You are so sweet to make him dinner, hospital food is the PITS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no, so sorry to hear about Erik's dad. :( Definitely in my thoughts. You are an excellent daughter in law! At least he is well cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey- I just wanted to stop by again and say I hope Erik's dad is doing better. You two take it easy now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Erik's dad is in my prayers; hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. im praying for erik's dad! i hope everything gets better soon! love ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your whole family, especially Erik's dad, are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your 100th post! Thanks for visiting my blog. I look forward to following you on yours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections