Friday, July 10, 2009

Oats, Weights, and Beauty

It's the weekend! Hooray!

How was your Friday?? Mine was good. I woke up at 4 as I've done all week (Erik had to go into work at 5 all week so I got up with him). Upon waking up and dragging myself out of bed ... (4:00 on a Friday ... dragging yourself is necessary, ha!) I put on some workout clothes and hit the treadmill. I walked 40 minutes on incline at around 3.8. I like to walk at least 4.0 most of the time and try to push myself really hard but this morning, I wasn't feelin' it so I stuck with a steady 3.8 and still had a great workout in which I was sweating a ton! That always makes a workout feel good.

After changing and getting all ready for work, I had breakfast. I ate my new favorite oats combo. Heaping 1/3 cup dry old fashioned oats mixed with some cinnamon, frozen tart cherries from my mom's cherry tree, a small dollop of peanut butter, 2 packets of Truvia, and a splash of almond milk. YUM! The tartness of the warm cherries and peanut butter compliment the oats extremely well! (Separate from that I had 1 whole egg and two egg whites scrambled).

Work was pretty much normal, just work. It was Friday so we got to wear jeans and that's always nice. After work, the husband and I chilled for a little bit and I had a piece of toasted sprouted bread with pb and half a banana along with some tea to energize myself a bit before lifting. Tonight I worked my shoulders by doing:

-4 sets of 15 reps shoulder presses; 15 lb dumbbells for 2 and 20 lb dumbbells for two
-4 sets of front raises til failure; 2 with 10 lbs dumbbells and 2 with 5 lbs.
-4 sets lateral raises til failure; 5 lb dumbbells (side note: front raises and lateral raises are hard and they burn!! ha. at first i just wasn't feeling the burn but my trainer, the hubby, gave me some tips that of course made them harder since i was doing them a little wrong ... something that really helped was to keep my head down)
-4 sets of 15 reps shoulder shrugs holding shrug for 10-15 seconds every five reps; 15 lb dumbbells

And now I'm drinking my post workout shake in my Amazing Grass cup ... it makes lifting all worth it I tell you! haha. And a random picture for the road ... Erik thought it would be funny to put his shirt on Adrian (and it was!) Ha. She really didn't even care, but just walked around and played with Rocky like normal. And to end, a little tidbit on true beauty that I read last night:

"Has anyone by fussing in front of the mirror ever gotten taller by so much as an inch? All this time and money wasted on fashion—do you think it makes that much difference? Instead of looking at the fashions, walk out into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They never primp or shop, but have you ever seen color and design quite like it? The ten best-dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside them."
-matthew 6:27-29; message bible-


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, FRIENDS!!! : )

6 comments:

  1. Hey girl! That is so sweet of you to get up with Erik all week- I'm sure he appreciated it! What a yummy breakfast- love the addition of the cherries from your mamas tree- too cool! Have a great weekend (sleep in!! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Love the puppy picture! I used to dress my cat up all the time when I was younger - the poor thing hated it but I was like 7 so I didn't care ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4....whooo that's early! But I'm sure Erik really appreciated it. :)

    Love the shoulder exercises! Thanks love! Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, Adrian knows she can pull off a man's shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 4 am is an early workout! I think I would have a really hard time being awake.

    Your oats look really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections