Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Quick & delicious roasted vegetable quinoa

Well hello there!

I got to play hooky from work today and hang out with my friend who was in town from California. We decided to play foil-head dress up and get our hair done … don’t we look good? Ha! Nothing new to my hair, just a touch up. It was fun to be able to hang out on a work day with a really good friend.

381467_280669195305361_139373552768260_780162_310988093_n 15bdb740100111e19896123138142014_7

And next up … dinner. Erik hurt his back yesterday and to prevent it from continual spasm, he’s been literally not moving at all, thus I’ve been doing my best to wait on him hand over foot. I feel bad for him, I hear back spasms are incredibly painful!

So when I get home from my “fun day” I got straight to dinner. It’s incredibly easy, and even more delicious!

roasted veggies

Easy & Delicious Roasted Vegetable Quinoa
*Works great as both a side dish and entrée

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups uncooked quinoa, made according to package (tastes even better if you add a low sodium or no salt added vegetable bouillon cube to the mix!)
  • 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
  • 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cubed (any other seasonal squashes will work too!)
  • 2 heads broccoli, chopped
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
  • Sea salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste

Instructions:

  • Preheat oven at 450 degrees.
  • Coat large cookie sheet pan with oil.
  • Chop vegetables, place on oiled pan, and stir around with hands so that the veggies soak up the oil.
  • Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring at least every 10 minutes. Oven times could vary, so be sure to keep a close eye on these so they don’t burn.

Note: This dish would be excellent paired for some easy cashew cheese or dare I say, even a couple squirts of ketchup, yum!

roasted veggie quinoa 11-1roasted veggie quinoa 4-1

Yum! This very simple dish was a definite winner in our books.
Perfect for a quick night dinner, or even delicious as a, oh, I don’t know … Thanksgiving side dish
Winking smile

image3

1 comment:

  1. Hello - what is the serving size for this dish? How many does it serve? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections