Saturday, November 19, 2011

BADSEED's Pre-Thanksgiving Market

Hey you guys!

Hope everyone’s having a great pre-Thanksgiving weekend! We’ve been busy (in a good way) and I’ll have some delicious recipes coming at you in the next few days. You can always check out The Purple Carrot’s Facebook for recipe teasers, too. (hint, hint)

Anyways … thought I’d stop in and share a bit of our weekend with you via photos. First, we met up at BADSEED with some friends on Friday night. In case you aren’t familiar, it’s our favorite local farmers market. (I’m confident the pictures will show you why!) I snapped some photos since it was their big pre-Thanksgiving market with extra vendors. Love it!

And here we go …

badseed 1badseed 3badseed 4badseed 11badseed 12badseed 15

I tried my first official roasted chestnut while there too.

Oh. my. goodness.

So. so. good.

They’re also local and organic, from Chestnut Charlie’s in Lawrence, Kansas. I highly, highly recommend trying roasted chestnuts if you never have, especially from Chestnut Charlie’s. You will not regret it!

badseed 17badseed 16

(You can see a few more pictures on my Facebook).

After stocking up on some delicious produce (and chestnuts) we ate at Blue Koi, got some dessert at Mudpie and headed home for the night.

So there you have it!

Who’s ready for Thanksgiving?

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections