Monday, September 12, 2011

Raw Raspberry Cheesecake

Okay, you guys, I’ve got a recipe that is beyond amazing! Let’s not waste time here.

It’s raw, filled with healthy & simple ingredients, and tastes awesome. Not to mention, it looks a little something like THIS:

raw cheesecake whole

Disclaimer: I cannot take any credit for its awesomeness! I found this raw raspberry cheesecake at one of my newest favorite blogs, My New Roots. Her photos are amazing and her recipes are healthy and delicious. I highly suggest it.

raw cheesecake whole 2

Are you all ready for this? Here it is!

Raw Raspberry Cheesecake
Lightly adapted from My New Roots’ Raw Cashew Dreamcake

Ingredients
Crust:

  • 1 cup raw almonds
  • 1 cup pitted dates
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Filling:

  • 3 cups cashews, soaked overnight or for about 5 hours
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • Juice of 3 large lemons
  • 2/3 cup raw coconut oil, melted
  • 2/3 cup raw agave nectar
  • 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, let thaw)

Directions:

  • Place almonds, dates, and sea salt into food processor or powerful blender until finely chopped and will stick together. Place crust mixture into 9-inch spring form pan and press down until an even crust is formed.
  • Place all filling ingredients, except raspberries, into food processor or powerful blender and pulse until smooth.
  • Pour around 2/3 of that mixture on top of the crust.
  • Add the raspberries to remaining mixture in the blender and pulse once again until smooth. Pour mixture on top of the first layer, and place in the freezer until hardened.

Notes: The original recipe used a 7-inch spring form pan. Since I used a 9-inch spring form pan, I doubled the recipe and it worked well for us! We stored our cheesecake in the freezer and took it out for about 15 minutes before slicing each time we ate it.

raw cheesecake 7

We were extremely impressed with this recipe!

Yes, it blew our normal raw pies out of the water!! It was really smooth, flavorful, and delicious. The addition of lemon juice really took it up a notch. Yum!!

If you make the double batch like I did, the price of this pie could really add up, especially if you’re using organic ingredients (hello, 3 cups of cashews!) but it’s definitely worth it!

Raw cheesecake

We made this about a week ago and right now I’m so wishing there was some left! Ha.

Will someone go make some more for me, please? K, thanks!

raw cheesecake 2

image

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to see if any of the ingredients such as raw coconut oil, raw agave nectar if I can't find it what can we substitute for those?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections