Sunday, September 25, 2011

2011 Plaza Art Fair

Time for the wonderful weekend activities to come to an end and the work to begin! I wish it was Friday again, but alas, back to work we go.

It was a great weekend though, I certainly can’t complain. Someone I know *cough* Erik *cough* is turning 30 on Wednesday so I spent a large portion of the weekend planning out some foods to make for his birthday party that’s going to be next Saturday.

2011 Plaza Art Fair

On Friday night, we went and checked out with Plaza Art Fair. This was the 80th Annual art fair that’s become a yearly traditional for us to go to.

Plaza-Art-Fair-16_thumb1

In fact, this will be the art fair’s third debut on The Purple Carrot. It’s fun looking back at what was happening this time of year in the past:

The Plaza was absolutely packed on Friday night and we had fun looking at all the art.

Plaza-Art-Fair-1_thumb1

The art fair consists of 240 artists from around the country, 26 Plaza restaurants and plenty of live music!

It was even hard to take pictures there were so many people there walking around enjoying the food and art, but I did the best I could and I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves:

Plaza-Art-Fair-4_thumb1Plaza-Art-Fair-5_thumb1Plaza-Art-Fair-6_thumb1Plaza-Art-Fair-7_thumb1

I thought this painting of the new Kauffman Center was really neat!

Plaza-Art-Fair-14_thumb1

And I loved these:

Plaza-Art-Fair-19_thumb1Plaza-Art-Fair-21_thumb2Plaza-Art-Fair-22_thumb1

It was a fun event, as always, full of wonderful weather, awesome art, and great people!

(Check out my Facebook album for a few more pictures)

image_thumb1

What was the highlight of your weekend??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections