Sunday, November 14, 2010

Squash, Pizza, & Vegetarian Chili

And another weekend is over!

Thankfully, this Monday is my day off, however due to my lack of any productive activity until Sunday night, I have plenty to do tomorrow. Either way, it’s nice to do stuff at home, rather than at work.

Several people asked what it’s this delicious looking butternut squash from my last post, so here’s an approximate contents list:A1- Cooked Quinoa
- Veggies sautéed in olive oil: onions, carrots, bell peppers
- Seasonings: garlic powder, Italian herbs, sea salt, and pepper
- Topped with your cheese of preference : ) Mmmm.

We’ve recently tried a certain product that simply must be shared … it’s the best frozen pizza in the world.

Enter: Amy’s roasted vegetable pizza :)A This pizza has teased me several times as I’ve opened up that freezer door, but I avoided it due to the fact it doesn’t have cheese … I love cheese on my pizza, and  I thought, how good can it be?? 

But the more I looked I thought hmmm … shiitake mushrooms?  Artichokes?  Caramelized onions?  Roasted red peppers?  How can this NOT be good?

I added some cheese before I threw it in the oven, and oh. my. goodness!!  It’s such a perfect combination! It comes very highly recommend by myself and my husband. AA What’s your favorite go-to frozen pizza??AAAThis afternoon included the Chief’s game (not good), and crock pot vegetarian chili.

Before:A And after:AAWe ate it with a little sour cream and chips.  I would have liked it thicker but it was still tasty. 

As I’m blogging, I’m waiting for a little treat to come out of the oven, and for The Next Iron Chef to come on. Go Chef Tio!!  What can I say, I love Kansas City, I’m bias towards her.

What was the highlight of your weekend??

image

10 comments:

  1. I wish I liked mushrooms- I'd be all over that pizza. Chili, soup, stew...just the perfect dinner right now. Highlight of my weekend- the pizza party Mandi & I threw last night! Enjoy your day off

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I actually prefer homemade pizza...I love rolling the crust out and hand picking my veggies. :) I really do like Amy's products, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vegetarian chili even more than regular chili. Yours looked so hearty with all those different beans!! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not tried Amy's pizza. I made a veggie chili last night using tempeh. Soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that pizza! I love pizza where I can add my own cheese and Amy's is definitely some of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rarely ever make frozen pizzas--it's either I go out for pizza or make it from scratch, but I would definitely be willing to try this out--enjoy your week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your squash and quinoa looks awesome -- two of my current faves. And I would definitely have dropped goat cheese all over that pizza.

    P.S. I love to see three vegetarian foods in one post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering what was in that squash, YUMM! Anything topped with cheese is a winner in my book!

    Jen
    http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one fancy butternut squash presentation. Love the combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Amy's pizza....its so good and that roasted veggie pizza is one of my favs :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections