Friday, December 27, 2013

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas from The Purple Carrot family!




I reflect on years past I'm so grateful for where we're at right now. Just last year we had suddenly moved to a new town, began looking for a house, and found out we were pregnant. 

As I told Erik the other day, last year around this time I was terrified that I would miscarry again, worrying each time I'd go to the bathroom there would be blood. In fact, I convinced myself multiple times I was miscarrying. But each time, I felt God's gentle prod to trust him ... no matter what. It wasn't easy. I was a ball of emotions and was afraid to get excited or to buy anything or tell too many people. More and more time went on, we got past 12 weeks and then finally got to see our little girl moving around on ultrasound. 

Now here I am, walking around looking down at my precious sleeping girl at my chest. This journey of parenthood is by far the hardest one we've ever undertaken and at times it's so challenging. But it's also the very best thing ever and I wouldn't change it for the world, sleepless nights included. (Now that I've put that out there, Emersyn will probably be keeping me up all night tonight ha).

We are blessed and I'm so very grateful for my little smiling girl! Merry First Christmas to you, Emy!



Some Christmas shots:


This icicle was hanging outside our house and it was so huge we couldn't pass up the opportunity for an icicle photo shoot ha! 

Us and Emersyn

Emersyn at Grandma's

In about a month, other grandma and grandpa are coming to visit so we'll get to have a mini late Christmas then as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections