Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Pumpkin coconut pie

Now that Thanksgiving has come and went, I'm having a hard time believing it's December and Christmas is so very close!

Despite the increasingly cold weather and darker evenings, I can't help but love winter in the Midwest around Christmastime. The snow, hot beverages, cuddling up in warm blankets, a cozy fire, yummy food, etc. One such ingredient of the season being pumpkin!


I made this pumpkin coconut pie for Thanksgiving and we both liked it so much I'm definitely going to be making it more throughout the holiday season!

I don't typically enjoy pumpkin pie all that much but the addition of coconut milk really gave it an extra punch that made me love this version.


Pumpkin Coconut Pie

Ingredients:
  • pie crust of choice
  • 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
  • 3/4 cup coconut milk, stirred (the full fat kind in a can)
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten 
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Place all ingredients into a large mixer or bowl and mix well
  3. Pour mixture into prepared pie crust
  4. Bake for about 45 minutes or until pie is set up and slightly jiggly in the middle 
  5. Let pie completely cool before serving


Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. I don't usually like pumpkin pie either, but I'm obsessed with coconut milk! I'll have to try this during the holidays this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin and coconut aren't two things that I commonly have combined. Should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections