Friday, April 5, 2013

Baby bump: 20 weeks (with ultrasound pictures)

The official halfway point … how did that happen?? Though at times (the first 12 weeks) it’s gone by so slowly, now that we’re here I feel like time if moving faster and faster.

This week was a big milestone (as most of you probably already know via Facebook) since we found out that Baby Borger is Baby GIRL Borger! And just for a fun comparison … I think our little daughter has grown a bit, wouldn’t you say?
12 weeks 20 weeks
20 Weeks: Me
  • Overall notes of the week:
    • It’s a GIRL
    • Had swelling in my legs a couple days this week by the time I went home from work but I think it’s been solved by eating less Chipotle and Amy’s frozen dinners (sodium and sodium) and drinking more water.
    • Also, Charley horses in my toes are not uncommon.
  • Food:  Nothing  really new here.  Egg sandwiches are probably still my favorite things right now.
  • Bump: I think we already covered that above, ha.  Also, they told me at our ultrasound appointment the placenta is a little bit in front, which is why I may not be feeling baby move a ton.  I’m sure it’s still partly that I don’t know what to notice either quite yet.
  • Mood:  Thankful, excited, and joyful.
19 Weeks: Baby
  • Baby’s age: 20 weeks
  • Baby’s size: size of a banana; approximately 6.5 inches
  • Baby’s weight: approx 10.6 oz (though the ultrasound technician told us our baby’s weight was 11 some ounces … close enough)
  • Our little girl has working taste buds and she’s gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid each day.  We also got to see her drinking some during the ultrasound when the tech pointed out her little tongue moving around. Crazy!!
Ultrasound
The ultrasound was fun, I didn’t realize just how much you could see! She showed us just about everything; hands, feet, brain, heart, spine, legs, arms, etc etc. Here’s the photos we got to bring home … (click on pictures to see a larger version)
First up, the clearest picture of the head, on right, and on left, a view of the legs and the fact that Baby Borger is, indeed, a girl!
profile 1girl 1
In this foot picture, you can see one whole foot with toes and then part of the other foot and on the right, the face.
footface
And the last two: some different views of previous photos, showing it’s a girl and the face:
girl 2profil2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections