Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jonsi’s raw raspberry pie

Happy December!!

The only thing that makes going to work in the dark, and leaving in the dark okay is the Christmas music I listen to during my short commute!  It’s sure starting to feel a lot like winter … scarves, brisk mornings, blowing wind, knee high boots, and hot beverages … ahhh :)

{Awkward transitioning to hair products}

Has anyone ever tried “Yes to Cucumbers” shampoo/conditioner?  I’ve seen these “Yes to … “ products before, and saw they had a color care version and decided to try it out.  We’ll see how it goes!AAA

Now as promised, back to this:

Raw Raspberry Pie

AAA

But first, a story behind it …

Erik had been listening to a lot of music by Jonsi, of Sigur Ros, (aka this guy):

And he soon discovered Jonsi & Alex … musician by day, raw foodie by night (or something like that, ha).  Either way, Jonsi & Alex’s raw strawberry pie caught Erik’s eye.

So we went to work!

Their recipe is on their website, where you can download a free mini recipe book called Good Heart Recipe Book, and watch some recipe videos.  But basically, here were the ingredients with one difference of raspberries instead of strawberries:

Crust:
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup dates
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Pinch of salt

Filling:
- 2 cups coconut
- 2 cups frozen raspberries (or other fruit)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Pinch of salt

Directions:
Simply blend crust ingredients one by one, mix together, and flatten into pie pan.AA

Add blended filling mixture, refrigerate for two hours (or more), and EAT!  AAAA

Thanks, Jonsi & Alex!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! : ]

image

11 comments:

  1. It was yummy in my tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used to Yes To Carrots shampoo and conditioner before.
    It works really well, and smells great too!
    I'm sure the cucumber product will work just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've seen these products at Target and was always interested in trying them.

    Your pie looks beautiful!!! I love raspberries in desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always see those products at our local Walgreens. I actually bought the Say Yes to Carrots lip balm awhile back and I loved it, so I'll be anxious to hear if you like the hair products!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ow- that pie looks delicious! I could eat the crust alone :) I haven't heard of or tried those products, but I'm all for more natural stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds so yummy! The color turned out really nice too... We eat with our eyes first so I'd definitely eat this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pie looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have never made pie, can you believe it?!

    Oh, and by the way, we sell those "Yes To" products at our store and they are VERY popular. I have never tried them, but I hear they are great.

    Have a lovely weekend Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen those products before - I'll be curious to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so not ready for winter. :(
    The raw sberry pie looks really good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! This pie look AMAZING! I need to make this. however I fear I might eat the whole thing... working on self-control :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections