Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Getting back on track

Hello : )

Thank you all very much for all your kind comments about Rocky, both on Lesley Lifting Life and on Facebook!  We really appreciated them. Needless to say, our house is very different and we’re doing our best to adjusting to life without her around. It was a hard week!

Fitness Update

During the past week after hearing about Rocky, we passed the time by catching up on Lost. It was a good way to distract ourselves, and the distraction was much needed!  We also took the week off from working out, and my heavy carb, heavy protein and lots of water bulking diet went by the wayside. As a result, I ended up loosing five pounds and I’m sure mostly all of it was muscle :p

Ha, I had to laugh at myself for being disappointed that I lost weight, it’s just not something us girls are typically known for … but I love it! ; ) But yesterday, we hit the gym again and I’m back on track to getting these muscles bigger!

Originally Organic Vending

Erik got some shirts made with our new official logo on them and we just got them today … yay! They’re made out of 100% organic cotton and they are so soft!A We now officially have business cards, van decals, and T-shirts. If that’s not official, I don’t know what is ; ) haha.  Special thanks to Melanie with Mommy Doodles Design for the logo help!AA In other news

My friend’s bridal shower was this weekend and it was a success. The menu was: cheesecake, tortilla roll-ups, tons of fruit, veggies, punch, tea and coffee.  Thank you all for your suggestions!

Getting all set up …AAMy mom helped with food and we had it at my mother-in-law’s house, who was also such a huge help! Thanks Linda, and Mom : )AAAA Has anyone ever tried Newman’s Own pizzas?  I recently discovered them when my local Hyvee started carrying their four cheese flavor.AAAI’m a fan … nice and thin crust = yum! Now I’d like to try some more kinds! (hint, hint Hyvee)A I like the fact that these pizzas are bigger than our normal, Amy’s frozen pizzas, and the fact that they’re thin and crispy.  [Find nutritional facts here]AAWell, that’s all that’s on the radar for Lesley Lifting Life … until next time, in which a giveaway is looming … ; )

  image

11 comments:

  1. Love the t-shirts! Organic cotton is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and heart are still with you two! I'm sure it has been incredibly tough! Love to you both! The t shirts are adorable- what a PERFECT logo!! And I'm glad the bridal shower went well. So glad you did the tp brides- isn't it so fun? I haven't tried Newman's Organics pizza - putting them on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly can hardly comprehend how you must be feeling...I've lost one horse so far, and with my dogs getting older and in worse health, I feel a bit of your pain. Hopefully life is starting to go on now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the logo!! The shirts look fab!!

    Did your other doggie come home then too???

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome that you have t-shirts now, I love the style--casual yet fashionable. Ohh by the way, I added you on FB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not tried that pizza. Looks good to me though. Sounds like the shower was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shirts look great, the pizza loos great and the shower looks like it was a success. Glad to hear things are getting better....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sososo sorry about Rocky! :(

    My thoughts are with you guys--I know how hard it is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the organic tee logo.

    I have never seen Newmans pizza,must keep an eye for them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the mention! Made the color updates to your blog, let me know if i missed anything!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun, fun memories. I love this post; what a great time.
    Newman's own is my favorite!
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections