Monday, May 25, 2009

Would You Deny For Others What You Demand For Yourself?

Happy Memorial Day!!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend! I'm thankful because my husband and I both have the day off ... yay for three day weekends! ; )

My husband has been slaving away in the backyard redoing our fence in the backyard, as our wonderful dog, Rocky, has been known to jump the fence when she sees something exciting. Along with that, she likes to bark at just about everything that goes by so as to prevent her from jumping the fence and barking at everything, we had to make the fence higher. Thankfully, he got the fence all done ... woo hoo! So we don't have to worry about Rocky jumping over anymore. Thanks, Honey, you're the best!! : ) (Here's him chillin' on the hammock that he also put up. It's been in our garage forever and I forgot we even had it!)As every Sunday morning, we went to church. Our pastor has been doing a series on "Jesus The Storyteller: Parables in Luke" and it's been really good. Yesterday was on "The Rich Man & Lazarus", which is the parable that this song, Crumbs From Your Table, is about. He talked about how Jesus calls us to pay attention to that person you see everyday who people ignore, detest. The kind of people who somehow seem to have gotten picked last in the game of life ... to regard that person as our fellow human being, not as someone insubordinate to ourselves, someone who doesn't matter ... It really hit me hard thinking that, really, if not for where I was born, who I was born to, that could be me. If I had been born in a different country, or to a different family, that could be me sitting there on the street with no food, no place to go, no money, no hope. As the U2 song I mentioned earlier says, "Would you deny for others what you demand for yourself?"

Last night we decided to have a pizza, ice cream, movie night because we haven't had pizza in awhile! So, we stopped at Papa Murphy's and got a Chicken & Artichoke thin crust pizza. I had three pieces (and it was very good!). For ice cream, we had Skinny Cow mint ice cream sandwiches. It was a fun night. Random in the truck, driving down the road picture: Hope you all have had a great weekend! And if you didn't see it already, please check out my recent review of Amazing Grass here ... I was impressed!


"You save yourself from selfishness when you give to someone who cannot repay you"
-Brian Zahnd-

25 comments:

  1. what a beautiful message, lesley. it's nice to always be reminded of that. such compassion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome time, and mmm pizza! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just stocked up on skinny cow ice cream sandwiches myself -- mint & chocolate & vanilla!!! they make perfectly portioned ice cream desserts. im so glad i remembered to get them again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely quote and sweet picture of you and your man!
    enjoy the Memorial Day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute picture of you and the husband! Happy Memorial day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that hammock... I want one so bad! They're sooo relaxing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of your hammock! We had one but a tornado hit here last year and DESTROYED it and the tree it was connected to :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yayyy for the new fence! I love hammocks, our neighbor just put one up and now I want one!! GREAT pizza- josh would love that combo

    ReplyDelete
  9. pizza icecream movie nights are the best in my book :)
    have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, how cute are you and the husband?! Love the random truck pic. Pizza + ice cream + movie nights are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy memorial day! Glad you had a nice weekend! Going over to check your amazing grass review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! it sounds like you guys had quite the weekend! we did a lot of work on the home, too. tiring but it always feels good afterwords! and i love those skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a wonderful weekend and a great message at church! It's always good to be reminded of those things:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post girl, great message!

    Those skinny cow ice cream sandwiches look sooo good, I have been wanting to try them.

    Hope your memorial day weekend was fabulous. Love ya girl! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want a hammock! Love skinny cows, such a great treat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chicken & Artichoke thin crust pizza is to die for! Love, love thin crust!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a great weekend :) The pizza combination looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah to your hubby for getting the fence up!

    I wish I had a hammock like that? :0)

    Glad you had a great weekend, I love your pics, you guys are so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  19. that message really hit me hard. There are def a lot of people I know who needs more of my care and attention and love. Thank you for reminding me to remember and care for those whom lack it.
    ooh...love artichoke. and on a pizza, even better!
    btw, I missed you! You were MIA for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the quote! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great lesson!

    Can't wait to receive my own Amazing Grass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. you guys are SUCH a freaking cute couple!!!

    the pizza sounds great.
    But I am more jealous of the hammock :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like delish pizza! I've never tried skinny cow, but I love ice cream sandwiches. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome message! I'm always for the underdog-I hate seeing people left out or picked on:(

    Love the driving down the road picture- I do that to my hubby all of the time lol

    Hey, I switched blogs again- come check out my new one! I miss your comments:D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections