Monday, May 25, 2009

Amazing Grass = Amazing!

AMAZING GRASS

As I mentioned, I recently received a wonderful package from Amazing Grass to review. After looking at their website before getting the package, I was already very excited! And upon getting the package, I was definitely not disappointed. The package was full of tons of wonderful things!! Three different types of Amazing Meal powder drink mixes: Three different types of Green SuperFood drink powders and wheat grass: And four of their Green SuperFood amazing bars! (All complete with a sweet shaker bottle). One of the first things I tried was the wheat grass. I was really excited to see this because I had coincidentally recently been reading about the health benefits of wheat grass. I felt like just having the wheat grass straight up so I mixed this packet with water and ice and stuck it in the blender. I wasn't expecting it to taste really good or anything, since it was just wheat grass with water, and it didn't. I mean, it wasn't awful tasting, it's just not something I would crave the taste of. But it felt very refreshing and good for me, and it would definitely be a great addition to any smoothie or drink. I very much enjoyed all the other drink mixes as well. With the Amazing Meal mixes clocking in at 110 calories a pack and the Green SuperFood mixes at 30, in addition to the wonderful benefits of the super foods they contain, I would definitely be fine with having these mixes often! The nutritional stats and ingredients are amazing! The website says it best, so check them out here! Now getting to my absolute favorite item of this package ... the bars! The package came with two different kinds, chocolate cacao coated and non. Like all of their products, the whole food energy bars are:
  • Raw
  • Cold Processed
  • Alkaline
  • Gluten Free
  • Dairy Free
  • Vegan

  • My husband, who is extremely picky regarding which bars he will eat even said, and I quote, these were the "best bars I've ever seen" nutritionally speaking. (And knowing him, that's sure something when he says that!) Here are the nutritional stats. And the taste? I thought they were pretty good. They did taste a bit "healthy" but I've grown to like that healthy taste so they were really good to me. I mean, it sure isn't a snickers bar or anything and if you're not used to eating healthy foods, you may not like the taste. I try not to eat many bars but I would feel very good about eating one of these every day.

    Overall ... I was very impressed with the products of Amazing Grass and I would definitely suggest them to anyone. Added to your favorite smoothie, their drink powders are a great way to easily get in some greens and detoxifying superfoods for the day and their bars are excellent for a busy, on the go lifestyle and would be a great snack or pick me up in the middle of the day all with the convenience of a bar but as well as being, as their website says, "unprocessed, organic, and delicious".
    So, thanks Teri Jo and Amazing Grass for this excellent product and keep it up!

    3 comments:

    1. I would love to try the bars and the drinks - sounds like these are pretty good and healthy too!

      ReplyDelete
    2. So clean and green! Do you know if they sell these products in the UK?

      ReplyDelete
    3. i loveeee amazing grass! i got some too, and am DEF rebuying when i am done! its an absolutely amazing product!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for stopping by!

    nRelate - All Sections