Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Very Happy Husband

Hello! : )

What a wonderful weekend ... I sure do like weekends, that's for sure! ha.

This weekend for us consisted of a lot of grilling and a lot of lifting. And the lifting part is why this post is entitled "A Very Happy Husband" .... here is why:and this bench, as seen with my husband warming up... Erik has been wanting a bench and dumbbell set really bad for quite a long time now and he found a really good deal on Craigslist on Friday so we went and picked them up on Saturday. Unfortunately we don't have room for it in the finished side of our basement so we had to put them in the ghetto, unfinished part. But Erik says it's "raw" this way so he likes it, haha. (I think it just reminds him of Rocky III when Rocky has to "go back to basics" in training for his big fight ... lol ... just in case you're wondering, my husband loves the Rocky movies, hence why our dog's names are Rocky and Adrian).

Upon finding out we were going to get these, Erik spent part of Friday evening watching Ronnie Coleman on youtube. Ha, back when he was real into bodybuilding and such him and his buddies used to imitate him all the time so Erik just cracks up during this whole video. (Ha, since Erik hasn't lifted a lot in awhile, he's really excited to have this bench and weight set so he can get back into lifting a bit more ... and I'm excited, too, because I'm really starting to love lifting myself!)

We picked the bench and weights up near Kansas City so while we were near, we stopped by Whole Foods and ate some sushi.When we got home that night, we grilled some steak, chicken, and veggies. Yum!
The dogs wanted to help by eating all the food, but of course they didn't get to, ha. And since the weather was so nice, we couldn't resist ... some more grilling! We are now finishing off our weekend by watching some movies ... Hope you all have had a wonderful weekend also and hope the start to your week goes well!!

"Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look at the stars"
-Henry Van Dyke-

31 comments:

  1. Beautiful quote! (Actually perfect quote for my night last night - a concert under the stars compliments of my work and shared with my love! I should save that quote to scrapbook haha!).

    LOVE all your new equipment! Ross and I are thinking about moving soon and are debating ditching our guest bed in exchange for a futon and treadmill. :)

    Have a wonderful week, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get into weight lifting more! However, my only resource is/was the School's Weight Room which is full of buff guys! lol

    Enjoy your movie night! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome set of weights...love the daily quoet too! Have an awesome evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you have your own set of weights!

    Your dogs are gorgeous! My Rocky is named after the Rocky Horror Picture Show, haha. Two totally different movies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. craigslist is so great for finding things you need for cheaper.

    the sushi from WF looks good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your Hubby is happy with his Weights!!

    Your doggies are beautiful. I love Whole Foods we have 2 here in Atlanta!! They are expensive, but their stuff is GREAT!
    Have a GREAT week!!!!
    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com
    http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Husband looks totally hardcore, no joke!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWWWHHH totally awesome!!! Have a great evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy, the sushi looks so good! The puppies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's an awesome weight set! What a good reason for the hubby to be so happy!

    Your sushi looks great as does the grilling. Grilling is definitely the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ow! Great purchase! I'm sure Erik is just thrilled! Cute pics of the pups!! I love that its grilling season- meat on the grill tastes so much better than from the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh, you are killing me with the grilling. :) It all looks so great! What cute pups too! Your husband would love the gyms in Brazil. They are very "raw". :) I really need to get over my gym snobby-ness. I'm so drawn to state-of-the-art!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love great craigslist finds!!! That chicken and steak is making my mouth water!!! Yummy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww... what cute pups! I bet they were very interested in all the food on that grill! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you had a great weekend! Your pups are so cute! they are SO BIG compared to ours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute puppers!! WFs and a set of weights - what a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun weekend! My husband would love to have a full set of weights like that in our house...if only we had the space! Craiglist is so great for stuff like that.
    And grilling at the beginning of the week is an idea I need to try! Then you have all of that meat for later in the week...genius ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great looking dogs!

    That's great that you and your husband can enjoy the weights together! I like how he called the unfinished part "raw" - definitely more manly! Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a beautiful weekend :) :) loving those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sounds like a great weekend Lesley!

    I love Craig's List, I have gotten so many great things off of there!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like you had a great weekend! The meat and the veggies look great on a grill!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really nice post, Les! The food looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha, happy husband makes a happy wife, too!
    I'm so jealous of your grill! I can just imagine all the neighbors peering in with jealousy as the delicious aroma waft through!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your dog's are adorable!
    What a great craig's list find!

    ReplyDelete
  25. so im sitting here with my boyfriend right now and I showed him the pics of your pups... cant help but smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. aww Rocky and Adrian!!! so cute- and I love the grilling AND lifting. steak and veggies on the grill is so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  27. sushi looks greatttt!!

    your doggies are so cute, too! glad the hubby has weights back in his life; fun! what a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That grilled food looks amazing!!! Sadly, I don't have a grill :(

    Had sushi this weekend too : it's like we are on the same wavelength.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections