Sunday, June 9, 2013

Baby bump: 28 & 29 weeks

Behind again and finally playing catch up with weeks 28 and 29.


It’s hard to believe we’re into the 30th week today.  As I see our house not ready to move into and as I read on my pregnancy app to begin thinking about and preparing my hospital bag on top of everything else that’s “not ready” yet, it’s a challenge to not stress about how these next few months are all going to come together in time!  Grace, grace, to it.

28 weeks 29 weeks
29 Weeks: Me
  • This week:
    • Things are going well! While tasks are becoming less and less “comfortable” and/or “easy”, I really can’t complain at all.
    • Baby’s moving around is, of course, at an all time high.  It’s fun to look down and now see movement all around rather just feeling some kicks here or there. It always puts a smile on my face! Even when she jabs into my ribs or bladder ; )
    • Been trying to get “prep” work done and feel as “prepared” as I can manage, such as trying to figure out if I want/need a doula, trying to figure out what I need to pack to bring to the hospital, reading more about natural birthing to get my confidence up more and more, ordered a pack of newborn cloth diapers, fine tuning my registry, etc etc.
    • It’s easier and easier to feel like I’m short of breath and/or that it’s hard to breath.  Going to the bathroom and moving my position helps a lot.
    • Trips to the bathroom as starting to feel more frequent, especially when I drink a lot of water like I need to be doing.
29 Weeks: Baby
  • Baby’s age: 29 weeks
  • Baby’s size: size of a butternut squash; a little over 15 inches
  • Baby’s weight: approx 2 1/2 pounds
  • Baby's brain can now control her breathing and body temperature. She can also cough, and her sucking abilities have been perfected. Your Mini's skin is looking less wrinkled as she packs on the pounds. She's now beefing up on the energizing and insulating white fat she'll be born with. And speaking of energy, your little Energizer Bunny is on fire these days. You're sure to feel your share of kicks, punches and elbows, especially when you're lying down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections