Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Baby bump: 27 weeks

Week 27!

That means approximately 13 weeks of pregnancy left or 3 months.  13 weeks sounds MUCH shorter and simply because we do not have a house to live in yet, I’m gonna go with 3 months!  As much as I’d love to meet our little girl, I’d love to have a place of our own before she arrives. Grace, grace to it, ha.
27 weeks
27 Weeks: Me
  • This week:
    • Movements continue to get stronger and more interesting.  It’s my favorite part!
    • Night times are hotter and hotter.  If I didn’t have a fan, I’m not sure what I would do.
    • I got pulled over this week and handed the police officer my debit card instead of my license.  Talk about pregnancy brain! I was embarrassed.  But now I think it’s hilarious.
27 Weeks: Baby
  • Baby’s age: 27 weeks
  • Baby’s size: size of a rutabaga; approximately 14.42 inches
  • Baby’s weight: approx 1.93 pounds
  • As the eyes continue to develop, the layers of the retina are forming, and the membrane that covers the eyes separates to form eyelids. You may notice that your baby is developing its own waking and sleeping patterns. The tissues and grooves in your baby’s brain continue to form. Some experts believe that the baby begins to dream at this point, but there is no conclusive proof that this is happening. You may also feel your baby hiccupping as their lungs continue to mature and they continue breathing by inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections