Saturday, May 18, 2013

Baby bump: 25 and 26 weeks

And here we are already two weeks past my last post of 24 weeks.  My, how time continues to fly!

I always seem good at taking my our picture on time, but when it comes to actually posting, I’m not so good at this anymore, ha.  It could be that I’m at a computer all day during work and with this wonderful warm weather, sometimes getting on a computer is the last thing I feel like doing after work.  But here I am, better late than never.  Rather than doing two new posts, we’ll throw weeks 25 and 26 into one.

Also, I think I need to start writing down daily little events and things to note because I’m starting to forget them by the time I actually write up my posts.  We’ll just chalk that up to pregnancy brain!

25 weeks 26 weeks 2
25 & 26 Weeks: Me
  • Overall:
    • We’re doing great.  Overall I feel pretty “normal”, aside from the fact that my belly keeps growing and there’s a human being moving around inside of me, of course, ha.
    • Still working on building up our registry and deciding what things we may or may not need and want.
    • I find that it’s slightly harder to put certain pairs of shoes on and it’s not quite as easy to just bend over and pick something up, nor can I simply jump out of bed in the morning.
    • Hot days are much hotter than they used to be!
  • Bump: I continue to love feeling our little girl moving around inside of me.  Some days I’m amazed at how much I can see and feel her moving.  It’s so neat how while doing mundane things at work I can look down, see my belly moving and am reminded of what a wonderful time of  blessing we are in!
26 Weeks: Baby
  • Baby’s age: 26 weeks
  • Baby’s size: size of a head of lettuce; approximately 14.02 inches
  • Baby’s weight: approximately 1.68 pounds
  • “While listening to music, you might notice that your baby moves “rhythmically” in response to the sounds.  Her little brain is beginning a period of growth and over 50 percent of your baby’s energy will be used for this purpose.  The lungs are developing air sacks and the membrane that allows for the exchange of carbon dioxide and oxygen is now thin enough to let your baby take a breath by the end of the week.  Even though your baby’s skin is loose and wrinkly at this point, it will fill with fat during the third trimester.  Your baby’s eyes are completely developed and brain is able to register various stimuli such as of sound and light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections