Friday, February 22, 2013

Baby bump: Week 14

Hello, hello, hello! Moving right along onto Week 14 …

week 14

14 Weeks: Me
  • Overall: Noticing more energy these days with a lot more motivation to get things done. I can actually manage to chop vegetables and make a decent dinner without being extremely pooped out as I was before. I also relied heavily on frozen Amy’s foods on “I just want to eat right now” kind of nights. Thank goodness for Amy’s! 
  • Food: This week … pasta! Give me lots of pasta! I discovered some organic Smart Chicken sausages recently that have revolutionized my meat eating, ha. Chicken breasts are still not something I want, and I had a lot of meatloaf and burgers in this 1st trimester so beef doesn’t sound great either. These sausages are a welcomed changed! They’re precooked too, so my favorite thing has been to chop them up and throw them in a pan with sautéed veggies, a generous amount of olive oil, and then mix in with some pasta. Yum! See?
485200_513460282026250_570510901_n
  • Bump: Still slowly growing.  My favorite and wonderful sister sent me some of her maternity clothes and I also got a pair of maternity jeans along with a few shirts on my own.  Those jeans? Talk about comfortable! I notice when wearing real maternity clothes, the bump really jumps out too.  (See above photo with a few of those said maternity clothes, ha).
  • Mood: My crabby tendencies seem to be fading more and more and my “usual” personality is in more full swing.  I can still have plenty of good cries, but then again, emotional me always could Winking smile

14 Weeks: Baby
  • Baby’s age: 14 weeks, 1 day
  • Baby’s size: size of a lemon; approximately 3.4 inches
  • Baby’s weight: 1.5 oz
  • Baby is probably sucking his or her thumb and wiggling his or her toes; kidneys are making urine and liver and spleen are doing their jobs, too; him/her is growing lanugo, a thin, peach-fuzz like hair all over the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections