Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Things I'm loving lately

Hello, and HAPPY APRIL to you all!

Did anyone get pranked on April 1st? I haven’t really ever played along with April Fool’s Day, but I do love reading about different pranks up on the web. Example? Here’s a list of some of the top web pranks that are mostly phony announcements from companies. Google always has a good one!

Next up, some randomness on The Purple Carrot. I thought it would be fun to share some non food related projects and finds as of late … it might be mostly fun for me, but I love it all so much I just can’t help but share!

Things I’m loving lately

First up, my latest favorite Etsy find. I had eyed a Mr. T teapot long ago, but sadly it had already sold. I don’t regularly get onto Etsy, but last week I happened to be browsing a bit, and accidentally run across more teapots! I jumped at the chance, and immediately purchased this baby:

IMG_7495

I grew up watching The A-Team reruns, and now I’m a bit obsessed with Mr. T so Mr T + tea? A must have! This pot hails from the Lenny Mud shop on Etsy. (She still has a few more Mr. T related products in case you now have to have one too, ha).

I’ve also been in a Pinterest project-making mode. First it was a frame key holder, then it was chalkboard mugs and wine glasses. Now … it’s a yarn wreath!

My mom thinks it’s funny, she said she used to make wreathes similarly when she was younger. I guess styles really do always come back in!

IMG_7490

In my excitement to make this, I didn’t even THINK about taking pictures along the way, but I’ll be making another one soon, so if anyone is interested let me know, and I’ll show you the blog of inspiration and how it was made step by step.

IMG_7497

Apparently the color purple is a reoccurring theme in my life.

And it all happened by accident.

I never owned anything purple until I added some purple to my hair. Not long after, my blog name changed to The Purple Carrot, and it just seemed fitting! Now that I’ve started to purchase purple things, I can’t seem to stop! I guess it’s  becoming one of my favorite colors by default, ha.

That’s why I was excited when I got these shoes for my birthday last month. My husband knows me well.

IMG_7501

Last but not least, I FINALLY got these pictures hung on my wall (thanks to Erik’s help) after having them just sitting on my desk since Christmas. I absolutely love them!

They’re another Etsy find (surprise, surprise). The images are printed onto vintage dictionary pages and come from The Rekindled Page.

IMG_7511

What are you loving lately??

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections