Monday, April 23, 2012

Cafe Gratitude KC Opening Celebration

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

My parents came to town this weekend, so we were busy visiting and exploring. One highlight? Hitting up Good Ju Ju’s garage sale on Saturday. Lots of neat things going for great prices. I walked away with a couple purses, but I’m sure I could have found much more. The next weekend highlight was …

Café Gratitude Opening Celebration

Erik and I went to the Café Gratitude opening celebration this past Sunday night (on Earth Day … how fitting). I’ve been really excited for Café Gratitude to be opening and their celebration was definitely a success!

If you haven’t heard of it before, Café Gratitude is a vegan/raw restaurant that has been around for awhile in California. Thanks to Natalie George and her dream of opening one right here in Kansas City, it’s now made it to the wonderful Midwest, and her dreams have come true. They are officially opening to the public on May 1st and are located in the old Lulu’s building at 333 Southwest Boulevard.

cafe gratitude 6

There was a line to get in the door …

cafe gratitude 4

And inside, it was completely PACKED the whole entire evening!

cafe gratitude 3

Throughout the celebration, they were serving hors d'oeuvres, samples and drinks, and The Makepeace Brothers were there playing music.  I wish I could tell you the name of everything they had to sample, but I don’t remember them all! Here’s a selection of what there was to offer, though, in picture format:

cafe gratitude 10 cafe gratitude 1cafe gratitude 16 cafe gratitude 2cafe gratitude 18 cafe gratitude 17cafe gratitude

I’m so excited for Kansas City to have another vegan restaurant, and I’m thrilled to be able to eat there on a regularly opened night so soon!  Check out The Purple Carrot on Facebook for some more photos from the night.

cafe gratitude 14
signature[4]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections