Sunday, March 18, 2012

Birthday Weekend Eats

What awesome weather we’ve been having in Kansas City this month! I’m hoping it’s here to stay. It also happened to be someone’s birthday today.
I’ll give you a hint. It was mineWinking smile 

I had a wonderful birthday weekend with lots of delicious food, and I’ve been trying to spend as much time outside as possible. It’s glorious! I often think it would be awesome to live in a city that’s always warm, but I’m sure glad I get to fully appreciate such beautiful weather after a cold winter. (Not that this winter was all that cold, but that’s another story, and I’ve started rambling).

So I’ll get right to it.  First off, THANK YOU to everyone for the birthday wishes, they made for an even greater day! Now onto the important things … food!

Birthday Eats
 
We started out with lunch at Kona, sitting on the outside patio. Love it! We asked for our sushi rolls inside out, but they ended up coming out the opposite way. We didn’t care at all, began eating, and didn’t even mention it. But our waitress realized it, and they ended up giving us three whole rolls to bring home with us!

kona 1 kona

We certainly didn’t expect all those free rolls for such a silly little mix up, but we were impressed with their awesome customer service and attention to detail. Great job, Kona!

I counted it as a birthday present, and we had no problem eating them later in the afternoon! Avocado, carrot, cucumber, sprouts, and extra sesame seeds … yum!

kona 3

My “birthday cake” was a Nana’s cookie. I really appreciate their ingredients. They have an awesome gluten free line of cookies as well as regular, and none of their cookies have added sugar but are sweetened with fruit juices. I’ve decided my favorite flavor is peanut butter, but this one is double chocolate.

nana

And what’s a birthday with no sweet potato fries and ketchup?

Yeah, exactly!

sweet potato

Last but certainly not least … some freshly churned mint chocolate chip cashew ice cream! I’ve been experimenting in perfecting some solid cashew ice cream flavors, and this one is a winner.

So delicious, and how very festive I felt with St. Patty’s Day.

ice cream

To top it all off, Erik made pizza for dinner. Yum!
 
e&me

Hope you all had a great weekend, and thanks again!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections