Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It’s worth it.

So I thought working at home would enable me to blog more, cook more, and have all this time to clean my house, and work out but thus far, I haven’t experienced that, ha.

Some days I find it hard to focus being at home, so I end up working later than planned to get all my work done, other days since I’ve been at my computer all day, I just want to get away from the computer!  Since I’m now paid by how much work I do, verses per hour, I’ve actually been working a lot harder than previously as well.

But don’t get me wrong … it’s worth it!

That being said, I’ve decided I need to kick myself in gear another notch and get better focused with more of a planned schedule/routine, thus having less distraction time, and more productive time.  While I’m not sure yet what that looks like in my schedule, it is coming!

BreakfastAThe above photo is what my breakfast has looked like lately.  I haven’t had oats in awhile because frankly, I’ve just been bored with them. 

Then one day, I decided to add some Chobani Greek yogurt to my bowl, and I’m back to loving oatmeal. It added the creaminess that had been lacking!  Plus, I always feel better when I eat a hearty breakfast of oats.  The mix:

- Old-fashioned oats (and enough water to cook them – I microwave my oats for 2 1/2 minutes and then add the rest of the ingredients)
- Small spoonful of dark chocolate peanut butter
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of milk
- Two small spoonfuls raw cane sugar
- Scoop of chia seeds
- Two big spoonfuls of Greek yogurt

Clearly, I’m pretty precise with my measurements.

Pizza TimeAErik’s been perfecting his pizza recipe lately, and I’m the lucky one who gets to taste test it!  Mmm.A1 AAAA
He’s convinced he needs a pizza oven for the correct crust consistency, but let me tell you, the toppings are spot on!
AAHopefully I’ll be coming up with a successful and productive routine soonWinking smile.

I’m thinking going to bed earlier would be a good start, and I’m already past that for tonight, ha.  See you later!

image

3 comments:

  1. Working at home definitely has its challenges. There are days where its hard to stay on task and days where its hard to stop working!! The oats bowl looks incredible. I love Chobani! I eat a plain with a little maple syrup almost every day! Can't beat 18 g of protein! And that pizza looks AWESOME. Love the tomatoes on top

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often feel like I would get so much more work done if I worked from home. The office isn't always the best place to focus.

    Mmm, you are one lucky girl to have a pizza perfecting hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley!! Yahoo about you working from home - but you are right there are a TON of distractions!

    Love the pizza too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections