Friday, February 11, 2011

Coughing the week away

Happy Weekend!! Smile

Amidst house cleaning and other such chores last weekend, Erik and I spent a couple hours at the med clinic on Saturday only to discover Erik had bronchitis and sinusitis.  Therefore, I spent a good portion of the week trying to be a good wife take care of him. 

On Wednesday morning, I noticed myself coughing a tad here and there.  By Wednesday night, I was coughing a lot more.  Needless to say, my voice has now lowered a couple octaves, it randomly cuts out when speaking due to an urge to cough, and I sit here with a Kleenex box by my side.  I’ve been taking some of Erik’s medicine and believe I’m on the mend.  But I plan on taking it easy this weekend none the less! 

I actually blogged last weekend, but in light of the motivational tips I ended up posting instead (aka I forgot they were “due” on Monday until Sunday night when I scrambled to get them answered) I never actually hit “publish”.  So without further ado … here it is:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amongst the Super Bowl weekend festivities of Erik getting sick, I decided I needed some sort of bread/cake in my life and went for a quick batch of peanut butter bread.  My recipe was inspired by Hangry Pants’ vegan peanut butter bread recipe.  AI was out of some of the ingredients thus here is how I altered her recipe:

- Used cow’s milk instead of almond (and also inadvertently took away the “vegan” part of the title)
- Used raw cane sugar and agave nectar to sweeten instead of brown sugar and sugar
- Only having creamy peanut butter on hand, added some chia seeds and granola to give it a little crunch

My changes made the outside very crispy, but the inside is still nice and moist. 

It works out all right, because Erik likes things crispy, and I like them more bread/cake-like.  I told Erik he could eat the outside, and I’d eat the inside, ha.  AAMy Super Bowl dinner was a meal for champions, ha.  It consisted of sweet potato fries, copious amounts of ketchup, and roasted veggies.

I may or may not have eaten this exact meal two nights in a row. 

Veggies consisted simply of Brussel sprouts (one of my all-time favorite vegetables), and bell peppers.  Guess who stuck their fork right in front of my camera right as I was taking this picture?? ANot a hard one to figure out.  Take two:AAI chopped the veggies, stuck them on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet along with the frozen sweet potatoes, added a little olive oil and pepper, then baked them for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

Pre oven:AAAAnd post oven:BTwo of my favorite foods!

I used the Alexia All Natural sweet potato fries that I talked about last week.  As previously stated, I got a coupon to sample them via  the Foodbuzz Tastemaker’s Program.AAAAThanks to Foodbuzz and Alexia All Natural for giving me an opportunity to try them.  I can see myself buying them again once in awhile, but they were also a tad greasy and smelled fried (even though they were baked) and I would eat too many of them! 

And now, I have an appointment with a blanket, a pillow, and some hot tea!

Have a great weekend! Open-mouthed smile

image

4 comments:

  1. oh no! I hope you feel SO much better!!! That bread looks super yummy and you can never go wrong with brussels or sweet potato fries. Lots of relaxing this weekend! Doctors orders ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and the hubby feel better quick!! And that peanut butter bread sounds amazing..I'd definitely be pairing it with a spread of PB & Co. dark chocolate dreams!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing Erik well wishes!!!

    That bread looks fantastic! Anything with PB in the batter has to come out incredible.

    Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you guys are feeling better!! loving the looks of that bread, and now i'm craving brussels sprouts... at 8am ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections