Monday, February 8, 2010

We lost our dog: the story

Hi everyone!

Yes, I’m still alive!! Ha. I would have blogged sooner than this but we had quite an emotional week! :s If you follow me on twitter, you might remember me tweeting numerous times about our dog, Rocky. In case you missed it, she got out of the backyard on Wednesday morning and was missing for more than two days.

The dogs have gotten out before but it was never a problem. Well, this time was different. Erik drove around searching and searching and searching all day until I got home from work and no Rocky anywhere. Once I got home, we drove around with our windows down yelling her name and searching some more.  As darkness approached, we decided we better make some “lost dog” posters and start doing more than just driving around.  We used this picture:aaaaaaaaaa We love our dogs and we were so sad! It’s a horrible feeling to have to go to bed at night knowing your dog is who-knows-where. We put up fliers, put an ad in the paper, called animal control, searched the dog pound, told everyone we knew, etc. The moment I got home from work the next few nights, we’d drive around ‘til dark putting more posters up and searching then we’d come home and realize how quiet our house was without her.

And finally on Friday, the good news came.

My mother-in-law sent out a mass e-mail to all her contacts and someone she sent it to posted it on her Facebook wall (thanks, Susan!!) One of her friends saw it, who told her husband. Two days later, this lady’s husband was in a gas station in his corrections officer uniform and a guy in the gas station asked him if anyone had lost a police dog (Rocky is a German Shepherd). The guy responded that while he’s not a police officer, he did happen to know of someone that was missing a dog fitting that description and they exchanged numbers. The corrections officer then gave the number to his wife, who gave it to the lady who posted it on Facebook, who gave it to my MIL, who gave it to Erik. Erik then called the guy who might have Rocky, Erik met him on his lunch break and sure enough …. it was her!!! We were SO happy and SO thankful that this Good Samaritan had taken Rocky and fed her and gave her water while she was away.

(sigh) … having Rocky back after 2 1/2 days of trying not to worry was a very good start to the weekend and we give God all the credit for getting her back to us!  THANK YOU everyone who helped : ) image
Rocky is definitely Erik’s dog and he was SO happy to have her back. He was a wreck without Rocky!  imageimage
How was your Super Bowl Sunday?? Ours was good, though we didn’t watch the Super Bowl, ha. We went to church, out to lunch with my mother-in-law, and then spent more of the afternoon cleaning the house. Working up quite an appetite and not in the mood to cook after cleaning, we decided to get some pizza.  We opted for Domino’s. Here’s how we made our take out pizza healthier:

  • Ordered thin crust
  • Asked for half of the normal amount of cheese

My toppings of choice were mushroom and onion (yum!!). I love Domino’s thin crust pizza. (And I probably don’t want to know how much sodium I ate!)DPP_0001DPP_0002 Erik got chicken and green peppers.  His pizza came with practically no cheese at all so he just added some of our 2% cheese. DPP_0003
Other than that, we’ve spent much of our weekend playing with our dogs, buying them bones/toys and remembering how much we love them!

Today (Monday) is my day off and so far, I’m loving it! This morning, I leisurely woke up in a clean house and get to take my morning slow. Later, I get to go with Erik to stock the vending machines and run some errands. I don’t normally get to do this kind of stuff so I’m excited! ; )IMG_2863  
Anyways, I haven’t been around to say “hi” in so long … I hope everyone, old and new, has been doing wonderfully and as always, thanks for stopping by! 

P.S. The giveaway is still coming!!!!! ; )

image

28 comments:

  1. THANK GOOOOODNES!!!!!! I was getting so worried for your pup!!! Your great news just brightened my day.

    Now go spoil her with love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found your pup. I would have just gone nuts if mine were lost!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got Rocky back! That must have been horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh you poorrrrrrrrrr pudding! My heart was literally aching while I read this post! I am so glad that someone found your baby. I would have been hysterical. Hope the rest of your day is fabulous. SO much love to you, Erik and your puppers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad your puppy is home!! That must have been terrible!! :)

    glad he is home safe and sound. can't wait for the giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I would have been a nervous wreck! I am so glad everything turned out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you got Rocky back!
    When I first got my dog (german shepherd-black lab-wolf mix), she jumped over a lot of fences. She usually came back (or we found her), but there was one night that she didn't. Fortunately, animal control had picked her up! But there's nothing like that feeling in your stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO thankful that Rocky is OK! Yikes! I know that if I lost one of my cats I'd be heart broken wondering where he got to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh girl I totally know how you feel. One of my dogs was gone for 2 days and finally animal control called me and said they found him! It was such a terrible feeling.

    I am so glad you found her though :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, thank the Lord Rocky is home! Lesley, I know the exact experience. A few years ago, our puppy got out and ran away. It was during the worst ice storm we have ever had. He was lost for 2 days until I finally got a phone call from a neighbor that he was under a bush outside of his daughter's window. Poor thing survived 2 days in a ice storm. No wonder the thing HATES the cold now! LOL

    It was honestly the worst feeling in the world. I felt as though I had lost my child. I can't imagine what my life would have been like if Sammy wouldn't have been found.

    I am so happy that there was a good ending to this story and Rocky is home safe and sound with his loving parents! :) Give him hugs for me! :)

    <3 you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wow. That must have been really awful without her for two days. I'm SO glad Rocky is home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANK GOODNESS FOR FACEBOOK! :P I'm glad you found your dog!

    I didn't watch the Superbowl, either. No interest in football for me, lol. I only like thin, crunchy, cracker-like crusts, so I've always ordered Domino's thin crust :]

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! I am happy he is safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you got Rocky back! I would have been so sad if my dog got out. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! Sorry to hear about your dramatic week! I would have been a wreck not knowing where my pet was for 2 days, SO glad you guys got him back! Thank goodness for facebook and email lol!

    Missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so happy a good person found and fed Rocky. Good people do exist out there! I so want your vending machines in Texas!! Pizza looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad Rocky is back home where she belongs! I was so worried when I started reading that you had lost her forever. :( You must have had a horrible few days. I can't imagine if my Rocky disappeared from the backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww...SO glad you got your girl back!!! That has happened to us before for only a few hours, and I know how horrible that feeling is. Welcome home, Rocky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. aww lesley i am so sorry! that is SCARY!! goodness gracious. that vending machine is heavenly btw!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you got the dog back! Pets tend to become family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so glad that Rocky is back!! And thank goodness for kind people.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my goodness i am so glad you found rocky!! little good deeds can mean more to someone than you might know...so glad all those people passed the message to you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. that's great news...so glad you found your cute dog!! i love your healthy vending machines!

    ReplyDelete
  24. soooooo glad you have rocky back!!! phew!

    what vending machine company is that and where can I get one??!?!? popchips and pirates booty- seriously- I WISH all vending machines had snacks like those available. You stocked them- im confused- do you guys own that company?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awww such a sad story, but a happy ending!! Sometimes I think we need to face struggles to build up our faith a bit. Not that life is easy, but you guys seemed to handle it the best you could! So glad your dog is home safe & sound and that you guys are doing swell :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness, this must have been such an emotional roller coaster. I am so happy that Rocky is back!

    ReplyDelete
  27. SO GLAD you found your dog! when I saw the title of this post I thought it meant your dog died :(

    The Domino's pizza actually looks fabulous. I used to LOVE Domino's but I'm not really a fan anymore, I prefer Donato's I think. For some reason I LOVE the cornmeal they put at the bottom!

    The vending machine is so pretty and colorful, I hope it's going well!

    Have a nice weekend and a wonderful Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections