Saturday, August 10, 2013

Nearing completion

Well, I continue to drop the ball with weekly updates once again! Weeks are flying by so fast right now as it gets into “crunch time” with baby’s due date just two weeks away and the house getting SO close to being finished.  Along with that, my emotions have been very up and down imagining how these next few weeks will pan out. 

As the time gets closer and closer, I am very ready for us to have our own place once again.  While I’m so very thankful and appreciative we’ve been able to stay at Erik’s mom’s while the house gets worked on, at times it’s not been easy for me.  I tend to be a “homebody” type of person and emotionally I really like my own space to be able to recalibrate. I’m also not very good at truly being “myself” in a space that isn’t “my own” … gotta love my introverted personality.  Add that to the fact that I’m also not too great at change/transitional periods and these past 9+ months have been very trying sometimes!   Then there’s the fact that pregnancy is a very emotional time and we’ve cooked up quite a recipe of emotional things, haha.

But when I let myself stop for a moment, I realize how silly and selfish it is to dwell on the so-called “negative” things of life right now.  Because there are none! We are so blessed in so many ways!   Before I know it, I’m going to have a completely remodeled beautiful house to live in and a brand new even more beautiful and precious little baby girl in my arms.  We’ve got wonderful family who do things like let us live with them for months and months while we remodel a house, or who take a week off work and drive all the way from Nebraska to tile our  bathrooms and who would do anything for us and our little girl.  My tears of the negativity and the unknown turn into tears of joy and thankfulness to God for bringing us to this point in life.  I think about the past several years and how much loss and sadness there was, Erik caregiving for his dad, his dad passing away, our miscarriage, etc etc.  And I think about how stressful and difficult all ofTHAT was … all the times we prayed “how long, oh, Lord???” as it seemed like nothing joyous or good was happening.

And now here we are.  In a completely different season of life … a season of joy and blessings, a season that just a few years ago we longed to be in!  We are so very blessed!  May I not take all these wonderful blessings for granted and instead focus on and prepare for the greatest gift of all, this precious little human being inside of me that will soon fill our lives with even more joy as we welcome her into the world.
Here we are, at 38 weeks, in our soon-to-be kitchen38 weeks
I’ll try to be better about taking these last few weeks of photos before she arrives but in the meantime, be sure to check out some wonderful photos that our wonderful doula, Becky, (of Natal Star Doula) took of us the other day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections