Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Candle Cafe

So many pictures, so little time …

Upon getting back from New York last week, I jumped right back into work and trying to get things done around the house since everything had been so up in the air and crazy the past few weeks. Now I’ve had time to go through all my pictures, and it’s time for some of the more upbeat New York highlights, that is food! We flew into LaGuardia so before heading north to where we would be most of the week, we stopped in the city for lunch.

I sent out a tweet before we took off asking if there were any NYC vegan restaurants I could not do without, and JJ suggested Candle Café. I had heard good things about it before, so that is where we headed.

Candle Cafe

candle cafe

We went to Candle Café East, located at1307 Third Avenue between 74th & 75th St, which is the casual version of the more upscale Candle 79.

We started lunch with a side of guacamole. Can’t ever go wrong with that! It was just the right amount of chunky, and full of flavor.

candle

Our meals consisted of seitan burgers and the Indian platter special.

candle 3 candle 2

The consensus was all definitely all positive and I especially loved my Indian platter! My favorite part was the curried sweet potatoes, but each part of the Indian dish was full of flavor and went so well together. As I’m staring at the picture, I’m wishing I had that plate of food in front of me right now … yum!

candle 6candle 4candle 5

There were so many other menu items I would have loved to try from other entrees and sides, delicious sounding soups to yummy looking drinks and juices.

candle 8
candle 9
Candle Café on Urbanspoon

An overall great dining experience, and if I lived closer, I would definitely be a frequent visitor.

signature[4]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections