Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Holiday recap

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! Hard to believe a new year is upon us, too!

I have some very tasty recipes to share with you, but thought I’d jump in and give a quick Christmas recap, food related. We had planned on going to see my family in NE for Christmas but had a bit of a last minute change of plans, so Christmas was spent at our house with Erik’s family.

But first … on Christmas Eve, Erik and I spent a nice time at home with comfort food and movies! I made my own version of Oh She Glow’s broccoli and cheeze soup and paired it with a roasted veggie and hummus Panini type sandwich.

sooup

For the sandwich, I roasted onions, zucchini squash and green bell peppers, slathered some hummus on bread with the roasted veggies and flattened it down on a sauté pan with a little olive oil.

It was perfect Christmas Eve comfort food!

soup 1

And since there was no Christmas snow outside, we had the next best thing … snowcap cookies!

Though I baked them a minute or two too long, they were fun cookies that tasted rich and chocolaty. I’m planning on posting the recipe later this week, because Christmas or not … who doesn’t like chocolate cookies??

snowcap cookies

And for Christmas day, what did we go with?

None other than pizza. Why not? Ha. Erik utilized his new pizza oven once again, and we’re loving it.

pizza 1

My absolute favorite pizza that I request Erik to make for me every single time he makes pizza? Caramelized veggies (mostly onions) with cashew cheese.

Caramelized onions seriously just might be my favorite flavor. This photo of deliciously caramelizing veggies makes me drool.

Need I say more?

pizza 2

I didn’t do the pizza justice with my pictures, as I didn’t even get a photo of this pizza which I just went on and on about, but here’s a red sauce version at work in the oven.

pizza

Yum!! For dessert we had delicious vegan brownies and raw raspberry cheesecake.

Some honorable mentions I got for Christmas are some new vintage dishes to add to my newly growing collection, and money to spend on Etsy. I’ve been accumulating a wish list of items and I’m excited to be able to get some of them!

Hopefully we’ll make it back to my family in NE soon. I’m dying to see my nephew!

What was the highlight of your holiday celebrations?

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections