Saturday, December 3, 2011

Gourmet sweet potato fry dinner

Happy weekend, everyone!

How’s the weather treating you all?? It’s been nice and gloomy here, raining all day. My parents are coming to visit this weekend, and even postponed their trip by a day because it was snowing like crazy in Nebraska (where they live).

I’m kind of ready for it to snow here! After all, when you’ve got a Christmas tree up and a warm cup of tea or hot chocolate in hand, who cares? Not this girl. Bring on the winter coziness!

christmas tree 1christmas tree

Anyways … since my parents are going to come a day late, it means I’m going to play hooky from work on Monday, thus my Saturday was spent doing Monday’s work. Because of that, I’m really not sure what day today is, ha.

Vintage dishes love

The highlight of this gloomy Saturday? Getting these babies in the mail:

374584_290315231007424_139373552768260_803150_1814095283_n

It’s a 12 piece cup and saucer set; 6 Pyrex tea cups and 6 Corelle saucers from Queen Bee Vintiques on Etsy. Love them, and they’re in excellent condition.

Gourmet sweet potato fry dinner

Last by not least for this random post, look what Erik made me for dinner the other night:

roasted veggies 2

I was working late, and we had just about zero groceries in our cupboard or fridge to eat! My dinner expectations were pretty low when Erik started cooking dinner simply because I knew we didn’t have much to pick from. Next thing I know, this plate shows up in front of my face.

Fancy schmancy!

I was impressed. I’m one lucky girl.

Needless to say, it. was. delicious.

roasted veggies

Basically, it was roasted chopped vegetables consisting of carrots, onions, red potatoes, kale and cucumbers – yes, cucumber! –tossed in coconut oil, sea salt and pepper before roasting, served with hand cut baked sweet potato fries with a ginger cashew crème.

Before putting the fries in the oven, he placed them on a skillet for a little bit with coconut oil. Delicious!

Full disclosure: Upon taking photos, I immediately jumped up and loaded the rest of my plate with more sweet potato fries. I would have added ketchup to the mix but we were out!

roasted veggies 1

And that’s about it!

What have you been up to this weekend??

image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections