Friday, July 30, 2010

Eating, packing, leaving.

Hello! : )

Happy (almost) August … already? Crazy.

Since we just moved, we’ve still been getting things all settled in but life it starting to turn back to “normal” and I’ve actually been taking pictures once again! So without further notice … here’s what we’ve been up to:

Eating! Ha.A We’ve been doing A LOT of grilling … so easy and delicious! 

Seen below and above: grilled burgers with a laughing cow and ketchup served with sautéed bell peppers, zucchini and scallops.  Perfect!
AA AAA
As we were eating, I looked out the window and saw a double rainbow and had to snap a picture … so pretty.  You kind of have to look closely to see the double-ness of it, ha, but I promise, it’s there!AAAA One of my favorite summer fruits … pineapple, so juicy, so sweet, so good!B Newman’s Own pizza doctored up with some grilled chicken.BB As I said in my last post, we’re going to New York for a week, leaving tomorrow!  Erik is from New York and we’re taking his dad to visit family and have a vacation. 

(Including weekends, I don’t have to go to work for ELEVEN whole days … nice!! ; ) 

Anyways … we went and picked up some traveling snacks tonight and here’s our loot …BBB
Bars, bars, more bars, rice, and tuna, haha.  That may or may not make us weird. 

Erik can’t seem to go very long without food and his typical on-the-road/plane snack is a tuna/rice mixture.  It’s simple, just open the rice, pour in tuna, stir and eat.  It doesn’t even need the 90 seconds in the microwave ; ) ha. BBBB And while getting snacks, I saw this, I was hungry, and I couldn’t help but get it for dinner.  Thanks, Amy.C I thought it was pretty good.  It had spinach, zucchini and mushrooms inside … mmm, especially loved the mushrooms.CC And now … off to finish packing, take a shower and go to bed. 

See you later from New York!

image

8 comments:

  1. Have so much fun on your trip! I always pack mass food for Josh when we travel (otherwise I end up with one crabby travel companion). Bars are a great go too. I usually pack tons of fruit & veggies & homemade goodies too. <3 summer pineapple- amazing. I need to pick more up today

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOunds like you two are settling in nicely. I am loving pineapple now too. It's so sweet it tastes better than candy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a great time in new york! i love it there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pineapple too! It's just so much work to get into...

    Have a great trip to New York!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always pack my own snacks when traveling, too. :-)

    Have a great time in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for grilling! what is it about grilled foods that just tastes so amazing?! hope you are having a blast on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so cute :) I see the doubleness!!

    Love the photos of your new place

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you both are going to love your new place!
    I love pineapple in the summer as well, but I'd have to say pineapple take the number one spot for me :-)
    Have a fun & safe trip to NY!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

nRelate - All Sections